- VIA Rail allows you to take a maximum of one oxygen tank with you. You are also allowed to use your oxygen concentrator (portable or stationary) on your trip.
- It is suggested you bring a short extension cord as well.
- Please notify VIA Rail at the time of booking that you will be travelling with oxygen.
Contact VIA Rail: 1-888-842-7245 / www.viarail.ca
- Notify Amtrak at least 24 hours prior to travelling.
- Travel is limited to non-smoking cars
- Maximum allowed oxygen on board cannot exceed one double tank set up of 75 pounds. You must be able to separate the tanks and they cannot be on wheels. A six-tank set up is allowed as long as each tank is less than 20 pounds.
- Equipment requiring electrical power must be self-contained (battery) for trips less than 12 hours. Electrical power on the train may be used for trips greater than 12 hours.
- Carry additional oxygen in the event of travel delays.
- Reserve a private compartment if possible
Contact Amtrak: 1-800-872-7245 / www.amtrak.com